top of page
George Jensen Flatware Set
Sold for $10,000
Shipped to Santa Rosa CA
Sold for $299.95
Shipped to Germany
Figural German Silver Centerpiece
Sold for $14,322
Shipped to New York, NY
Sterling Silver Flatware Sets
Many sterling silver flatware sets sell well, and we sell them often. Although they will sell anytime of the year, November and December are particularly good months to sell tableware as buyers are anticipating holiday gatherings. The maker and pattern will largely determine your silver's value, but there a few other variables that could help to gain a higher selling price:
1. Complete sets command much higher prices.
2. Buyers look for an even number of place settings; generally 6, 8 or 12.
3. Clean and polished silver is a much easier sell than tarnished or dirty silver.
4. A storage chest in good condition will increase the value of the set.
5. Fancy, ornate patterns as well as mid-century styles tend to sell for the highest prices.
If you decide to consign silver with us, we can help you even out place setting numbers, and determine the right sales venue to get you the best price for your silver. For a small fee we'll even help you clean and polish it.
If you'd like to get an estimate of what your silver is worth, contact us and we'll provide a free,
no-obligation estimate for your silver's market value. To help us provide you with the most accurate estimate, please include:
1. A picture of some of your silver (front and back)
2. The maker's name and pattern (if known)
3. The number of pieces that you have
bottom of page